One pot pasta meal

07:00


Who wants more than one pan to wash up after dinner??
Not me!


Recently I've been using less pots to cook with! I'm loving one pot meals, I mean why cook your pasta separately from your sauce?

My favourite quick one pot meal is a garlic pasta dish, sort of a variation on a carbonarra;

I cooked this recipe in my largest saucepan and just snapped the spaghetti in half (the original recipe says to use a skillet) 


                                         

 
Recipe adapted from here


Ingredients:

1tbsp Olive oil
2tbsp minced garlic (add more or less to taste)
2tbsp butter
8oz Spagehhti
2cups chicken stock (I normally use Boullion powder)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
chopped parsley


Heat the olive oil and stir in the garlic

As the garlic starts to brown add all the other ingredients except the cheese and parsley

Give it all a stir to coat the pasta, bring to the boil and then simmer for around 15-20 minutes until the pasta is to your liking. Make sure you stir a couple of times through out the cooking to make sure the pasta doesn't stick to the pan)

The original recipe now added the parmesan and parsley ( I omitted them as didn't have them! and it still tastes yummy)

If you like your pasta dishes saucier then add half a cup of milk or cream at the end.



Check out some other one pot pasta dishes from my Pasta Pinterest board




 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/483785184948460651/
 
 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/483785184947612740/
 
 
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/483785184947045571/
 
 
 
 
Have you tried any one pot meals?




Follow me;














 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Press

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100