I went to the Greengrocer.....

12:00

 
 
*
Today for the first time I visited our local greengrocer......why? Well I was curious! I wanted to know how they faired against the usual supermarket fruit & veg.
 
I normally do my food shopping online and I don't know about you guys but I always like to chose my fruit and veg in person, I like to get the good stuff not just something that gets chucked into my order box even if its been squashed to pieces!
 
Also knowing all the produce is locally sourced and not been driven in for miles just makes it all seem a lot nicer in my view.
 
Only needing a few things I headed in to the small but very deceptive in size shop..... there was so much produce to chose. Even a section with everyday items- cereal, washing up liquid etc. As well as stocking fresh fruit & veg you can pick up your pint of milk & eggs all in one place.
 
So I went to the greengrocer and I bought;
one large cucumber
punnet of cherry tomatoes 
Punnet of strawberries
bunch of five large bananas
box of 6 eggs
 
My total came to £7.18
 
Even though the total came to more than if I'd have bought the items in the supermarket I didn't feel I was over-paying and all the items were good quality.
 
Honestly I may not buy my fruit & veg there all the time but I'll definitely be more mindful to what I'm putting in my trolley or basket next time I visit a supermarket.
 
Where do you buy your fruit and veg?
 
 
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Press

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100