Salt dough Handprint Santa

16:00



 
If you've seen my Christmas Pinterest board you'll have seen a few ideas I have for the festive period!
 
I thought I'd share with you the making of our Salt dough handprint Santa's.
 
These are great personalised decorations to keep (and remind you how little hands have grown!!)
 
All you need is;
 
Plain flour 1/2 cup 
Salt 1/2 cup
Water 1/4 cup
Paint for decoration
String to hang it up with


Pre-heat your oven to 100C
 
Mix all the 3 ingredients until they form a ball, the dough shouldn't be sticky. You may not need all the water so add it slowly. 
 
Roll out the dough......
 
And place your hand firmly onto it.

 

 
 
Cut around the handprint and remember to make a hole for the string (I used a straw for this)


 
Place on greaseproof paper and put into the oven for 3-4 hours (depending on the thickness of your dough it could take longer)
 


Once cooled you can decorate your salt dough......


 
Santa handprints all ready to display !!
 
 


 
 
Will you be making homemade decorations this year?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Follow me;

Instagram

Twitter

Pinterest
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Press

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100